Heritage Collection Mallard
Built in 1938, Mallard is part of the class of A4 locomotives that were designed by Sir Nigel Gresley. The Mallard’s unique wedge-shape design was very Art Deco in its looks and reduced the journey time from London King’s Cross to Newcastle to an impressive 4 hours.
In the summer of 1938, Mallard raced down Stoke Bank and set a new steam locomotive world speed record of 126mph - which still stands today! This lovely replica of the Mallard locomotive will power along a wooden train track with ease, either as a solo engine or with carriages attached to its magnetic coupling.
Mallard is a wooden replica of the locomotive, licensed from the National Railway Museum, UK. Magnetic couplings ensure compatibility with all other engines and carriages in the Bigjigs Rail range. Most other major wooden railway brands are compatible with Bigjigs Rail. Conforms to current European safety standards.
Heritage Collection Mallard Train product features:
- Mallard replica engine
- Magnetic couplings and steering wheels enable it to pull a full complement of carriages
- Beautifully packaged with educational information about the engine's evolution and working life
- Compatible with Bigjigs Rail train sets & most other wooden railway brands
- 3.5cm L x 4.5cm H x 19cm W
|Country of Manufacture||Indonesia|
Bigjigs Rail uses multiple shipping rules to determine shipping and handling charges. The shipping rules are listed below.
UK Delivery Options (excluding Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland and BFPO and PO Boxes):
- Standard (3-5 working days) £1.99 or FREE when you spend £39.99 or more
- Express (1-2 working days) £4.99 (Order before 2pm Monday - Friday to receive your order on the next working day.)
UK Delivery Options (including Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland and BFPO and PO Boxes):
- Standard (3-5 working days) £4.99 or FREE when you spend £49.99 or more
Folkestone Click & Collect
- FREE Click & Collect available from our Folkestone HQ
- Order before 2pm Monday - Friday to click and collect from our Folkestone HQ on the next working day
Tax and duty fees may be charged by your country when your order arrives. Those additional charges are your responsibility. Green Toys uses multiple shipping rules to determine shipping and handling charges. The shipping rules are listed below:
- Europe Zone 1 (£4.99) – Austria, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, France, Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands.
- Europe Zone 2 (£9.99) – Czech Republic, Spain, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Portugal, Sweden.
- Europe Zone 3 (£12.99) – Bulgaria, Estonia, Slovenia.
30 Day Returns
Our hassle-free 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee is sure to give you peace of mind.
Changed your mind? If you aren't delighted with your purchase, you can return a product within 30 days and we will happily refund the purchase price.
It's easy to return a product. Simply email [email protected] and we will email you instructions for returning your product.
- You are responsible for shipping the products back to us. We recommend using a trackable shipping method.
- Individual products may be excluded from this guarantee. Check the product description before you place your order.