Virgin Train Pendolino
One of the nation’s most recognisable trains, Pendolino trains first arrived in the UK in 2001 when Virgin Trains bought 53 Class 390 Pendolinos. Pendolinos were established during the 1960s in Italy, the name derived from the Italian word pendolo which translates to ‘small pendulum’ - due to the way the train tilts when going around curves on the track.
The Pendolino train’s tilting mechanism means it can run at higher speeds along older tracks whilst maintaining passenger comfort. The maximum speed of a Pendolino is 140 mph, but it can only run at 125 mph in the UK. The Bigjigs Rail Virgin Trains Pendolino runs at a more modest speed, powered by little hands along a wooden railway network!
This Virgin Pendolino toy train is the perfect addition to a wooden train set and is supplied complete with two engines, a carriage and two pieces of wooden rail track. Magnetic couplings ensure compatibility with the Bigjigs Rail range. Most other major wooden railway brands are compatible with Bigjigs Rail. Made from high quality, responsibly sourced materials. Conforms to current European safety standards. Consists of 5 play pieces.
Virgin Trains Pendolino product features:
- Virgin Trains Pendolino replica engine
- Features two engines, a carriage and two pieces of wooden rail track
- Magnetic couplings ensure compatibility
- Compatible with Bigjigs Rail train sets & most other wooden railway brands
- 3.5cm L x 4.5cm H x 33cm W
- 3 years +
|Age||3 Years +|
|Country of Manufacture||China|
Bigjigs Rail uses multiple shipping rules to determine shipping and handling charges. The shipping rules are listed below.
UK Delivery Options (excluding Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland and BFPO and PO Boxes):
- Standard (3-5 working days) £1.99 or FREE when you spend £39.99 or more
- Express (1-2 working days) £4.99 (Order before 2pm Monday - Friday to receive your order on the next working day.)
UK Delivery Options (including Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland and BFPO and PO Boxes):
- Standard (3-5 working days) £4.99 or FREE when you spend £49.99 or more
Folkestone Click & Collect
- FREE Click & Collect available from our Folkestone HQ
- Order before 2pm Monday - Friday to click and collect from our Folkestone HQ on the next working day
Tax and duty fees may be charged by your country when your order arrives. Those additional charges are your responsibility. Green Toys uses multiple shipping rules to determine shipping and handling charges. The shipping rules are listed below:
- Europe Zone 1 (£4.99) – Austria, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, France, Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands.
- Europe Zone 2 (£9.99) – Czech Republic, Spain, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Portugal, Sweden.
- Europe Zone 3 (£12.99) – Bulgaria, Estonia, Slovenia.
30 Day Returns
Our hassle-free 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee is sure to give you peace of mind.
Changed your mind? If you aren't delighted with your purchase, you can return a product within 30 days and we will happily refund the purchase price.
It's easy to return a product. Simply email [email protected] and we will email you instructions for returning your product.
- You are responsible for shipping the products back to us. We recommend using a trackable shipping method.
- Individual products may be excluded from this guarantee. Check the product description before you place your order.